For a long time I’ve considered this to be my blog ONLY and have been referring people to my LinkedIn profile for resume info. That link is http://www.linkedin.com/in/kathleennewton.
It turns out that some people expect to see my resume here also, so here it is, in pdf format.
Like most people, I actually have several resumes, each one of which emphasizes a different skill. Here are some of the things I do:
- Technical Editing, Writing, Copy Editing
- Creating and Implementing Corporate Standards
- Writing and Researching Grant Proposals
- Writing Web Content, including Web Development and Maintenance
- Proofreading, Wordsmithing, Formatting
- Developing and Performing Quality Assurance Procedures
- Public Relations Events and Publicity Releases
- Helping Create Family Books (Writing, Editing, Desktop Publishing)
- Computer Tutoring
My history is that I’m an English Teacher’s daughter, I tested out of the English requirements at CU, wrote newsletters for numerous non-profit organizations, and then spent about eight years doing Public Relations, first for Sandy Hale Ltd, and then for my own clients. I followed that with about twelve years of technical writing and technical editing. The bottom line is that I’ve been writing/editing for a lifetime. Beautiful language is my passion.